IPTV Live Stream App | Users Guide
This guide contains step-by-step instructions on using the IPTV Live Stream app in Enplug.
The IPTV Live Stream App is currently in Beta, and this guide may change as the app is updated.
Note: You must have a BrightSign XT1144 device in order to use the IPTV Live Stream app
If the device is not already provisioned for use with Enplug, complete the following steps before proceeding: https://support.enplug.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041979492-Using-Enplug-on-BrightSign-Players
Device Provisioning, Configuration, & Set Up
There are two options for configuring your BrightSign device— the first one is through BSN Cloud, and the second one is to manually copy the configuration files in the device. Both options are explained below.
- Go to BrightSign - Loading
- Log into your account or create a new account, if needed
- After logging in or creating an account on BSN Cloud, follow these steps to provision and setup your device: Using Enplug on BrightSign Players
- Download the autorun file and put it onto the SD card
- Insert the SD card into your BrightSign XT1144 device
- Reboot your BrightSign XT1144 device and wait for the set up phrase to appear
- Once you see the Enplug 2-word Setup Phrase, connect the player to your Enplug Account:
Enplug App Set Up
- Go to your Enplug dashboard and search for the IPTV Live Stream App in your Apps dropdown.
- Open the IPTV Live Stream app and name your source by entering your source name into the Source name field.
Enter your udp:// stream URL into the URL field.
- Click “Save” then choose the Display Group where you want to display the IPTV Live Stream app content and click on the "Save Changes" button.
- Your IPTV content should now appear on your connected device.
Note: The information below contains general information pertaining to unicast and multicast streams. Spectrio can not provide specific recommendations on how to set up a stream. A qualified networking resource should be consulted if any issues arise while setting up a stream.
Unicast and Multicast Transmissions Over the Network
A Unicast transmission sends IP packets to a single recipient on a network. A Multicast transmission sends IP packets to a group of hosts on a network. If the streaming video is to be distributed to a single destination, then you would start a Unicast stream by setting the destination IP address and port on the IPTV device equal to the destination’s values. Depending on your configuration, the UDP stream URL that you enter into the IPTV Live Stream app may need to be the IP address of your BrightSign device combined with an open UDP port from your streaming source (ex: udp://192.168.xxx.xxx:xxx).
Note that while the Multicast IP address range is from 22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199, the first octet (224.xxx.xxx.xxx) is generally reserved for administration. We recommend setting the first octet to 225 and the remaining three octets to the IPTV device’s IP address. For example, if the IPTV device IP address is 192.168.1.53, then set the destination IP address to 188.8.131.52 for Multicast streaming.
Since Multicasting is a relatively new technology, some legacy devices that are part of your network might not support Multicasting.
Before using the IPTV device in Multicast streaming mode, check the functional specifications of your network infrastructure to ensure that the Multicast stream will not create major traffic on your network. Verify that your backbone switch supports Internet Group Messaging Protocol (IGMP) snooping, which allows the core of your network to ignore the traffic streams that Multicasting may generate.