Use the HDMI Passthrough app on your BrightSign device to running Enplug to get content from Enplug apps and a 2nd input source combined.
Contents of this Guide
For the HDMI Passthrough app to work, you must be running it using a BrightSign XT1144 model device running Enplug. To see how to setup your BrightSign device, please see our article on it: Using Enplug on BrightSign Players.
1. Go to BrightSign's BSN Cloud website found HERE.
2. Login to your BSN Cloud account or sign up if you do not have one.
3. After you are logged in, please follow the instructions found on our Using Enplug on BrightSign Players article to finish the setup.
4. After you follow the instructions, you will be on the two-word setup phrase screen found on Enplug devices.
1. Download our Enplug Autorun File and put it on a blank Micro SD card.
2. Insert the Micro SD card into your BrightSign XT1144 device.
3. Reboot your BrightSign device and wait for the two-word setup phrase screen found on Enplug devices to appear.
Connect your BrightSign Device to a Display Group
Once you have the two-word setup phrase screen on your BrightSign device, you are ready to connect it to a Display Group from your Enplug account.
If you have not already created a Display Group, please see our article on how to Link a Device and Add New Content.
If you already have a DIsplay Group and content created, then all you need to do is follow the instructions here to Link a Device to Existing Apps & Content.
1. Go to your Enplug dashboard and search for the HDMI Passthrough App in your Apps dropdown menu.
2. Open the HDMI Passthrough app and click the Add button to add your source.
3. Name your source by entering your source name into the Source name field.
4. Click Save then choose the Display Group where you want to display the HDMI Passthrough app and click on the Save Changes button.
5. Your HDMI Passthrough content should now appear on your connected device.
NOTE: You will have to connect the BrightSign device to a TV/monitor using the HDMI Out port and connect your passthrough content using the HDMI In port.