The YouTube app will allow you to play individual videos. If you would like to stream YouTube Live content it can be set up the same as other YouTube video content from the YouTube app.
Setting up YouTube App
Add the YouTube App to your Dynamic App Playlist
1. To access the YouTube app simply use the Apps drop-down menu at the top of the of the screen.
2. Copy the URL of the YouTube or YouTube Live video
3. Paste the URL of the YouTube video into the YouTube app
4. Check the box to "Show video captions if avilable" if applicable
5. Upload an image to show as the splash screen while your video loads
- Click the "Upload Video Loading Image" button
- Select an image from your device, a link, web search, or Flickr
- Edit your image by cropping or rotating
- If you made any changes to the image, click "Save"
- Click "Upload" to finish uploading the file
- Wait for the file to optimize
6. Click "Save" to save the feed
The app will tell YouTube to use the same stream it would send to a smart TV so that advertisements are minimized.
The YouTube app does support closed captioning if the closed captioning was manually input on the YouTube video itself.
Note: The YouTube app does not support playlists in YouTube. You do have to link each video individually.