This guide will walk you through the hardware setup for your Enplug High-Performance Device.
Contents of this guide:
Plugging in Device
Check out this video for step-by-step hardware setup!
- Plug in the HDMI cable from TV to the Enplug device
- (optional) Plug in an Ethernet cable if you will not be using WiFi
- (optional) Plug in a USB keyboard
- Plug power adapter into Enplug device
- Allow the device to start up after plugging in the power adapter
Connect to WiFi
Check out this video for step-by-step WiFi setup using the remote!
- When the device has completely started up the first time, you will see the message: Press "space" or the "Triangle" button
- Press the "Triangle" button on the remote to open the Network menu
- The Network menu will appear on the right of the screen
- Use the wheel at the top of the remote to move between networks. Press the center of the wheel to select your desired network
- To enter the password, use the wheel to navigate between characters, and press the center of the wheel to select them
- Finally, you will reach the 2-word passphrase screen. The device is now set up and ready to be linked to your account
Note: Changed your mind and want to connect to Ethernet instead of WiFi? No problem, simply plug in the Ethernet cable and restart the device. It will skip right to the 2-word passphrase once connected to the internet.
Link the Device to Your Account
- Follow these steps to link the device to existing content.
- Follow these steps to link the device to new content.
Access Device Settings
Use your remote to access the device settings menu when your device is playing content. These settings include Network and Display options:
- Press the "Triangle" button 2 times on the remote
- The settings menu will appear on the right of the screen, where you can access Network, Display and other settings
- After editing settings, use the "Triangle" button to back out of a menu and return to the previous settings screen
- Press the "Small Circle" button to return to your content
Troubleshooting Your Remote
Pair your remote:
If this is a new device and your remote does not work, follow these steps to pair it with your device:
Note: You will need a USB keyboard to pair the remote. If the menu times out at any time during this process and begins to load the Enplug OS, press ESC to return to the previous menu.
- Place your remote in pairing mode by holding the "Triangle", "Small Circle", and "Microphone" buttons at the same time until a blue light starts flashing on the top portion of the remote
- Plug in a USB keyboard
- Wait until the display reaches the "Starting up..." screen
- Press "Alt +Esc" keys on the USB keyboard to open the side menu
- Under the “Remote & accessories” category, look for “SHIELD Remote connected”. If you do not have this option, skip to step 6. If you do, follow these steps to unpair the remote:
- Select “SHIELD Remote” under the “Remote & accessories” section
- Select “Unpair”
- Press “Enter”
- Select “Ok”
- Press “Enter”
- Select "Add Accessory" under the "Remote & accessories" section
- Press "Enter"
- Select your remote and press "Enter"
Replace the Batteries:
If your remote is already connected and still not working, you may need to replace the batteries by following these steps:
- On the bottom end of the remote, you will see a small circular depression. If you press this with a tool (like the end of a ball-point pen) it will release a tray from the bottom of the remote
- Pull the tray fully out of the remote and you'll see two coin-cell batteries
- Using two new CR2032 batteries, replace them per the orientation indicated on the tray
- Push the tray back into the remote until you feel it latch securely
- Your remote is now ready for use!
If you have questions about the device setup, contact our support team!