The purpose of this article will be to list the release of new features, and to provide links to documentation of how to use them. Please contact email@example.com with any questions!
February 21, 2018
Apps: improved Graphics upload including much faster upload and optimization of Power Point files and option to crop images during upload.
February 12, 2018
CMS dashboard: Page with the status of Enplug: status.enplug.com
February 6, 2018
CMS dashboard: Proof of Play for Graphics app (Proof Of Play)
CMS dashboard: Moving devices between different display groups (Moving devices)
January 11, 2018
Player: Low bandwith consumption mode
December 13, 2017
Apps: QR code support on News 2.0 app
November 15, 2017
Improved performance of zoning tickers.
November 10, 2017
Support for subtitles on the Youtube app.
November 6, 2017
We are now accepting payments via ACH (checking account).
Password policy can be configured to prevent reusing recent passwords.
Right clicking on the player on the Enplug device will bring WiFi settings.
October 10, 2017
Branding and customization of email templates for resellers.
October 2, 2017
General updates and bug fixes to Traffic app.
September 28, 2017
General updates and bug fixes to Zoning, Weather, Youtube and News 2.0.
September 18, 2017
Whitelabeling of the dashboard for network users is now available. This includes custom color scheme, branding and contact information.
August 18, 2017
Users can now opt in to receive email notifications when the device goes offline or comes back online and when there are new social items live or waiting for approval.
August 4, 2017
Updated Weather app allows setting custom labels for locations and using custom themes.
August 2, 2017
Directory 2.0 has launched. Notable features:
- Listings can automatically split across several Enplug screens.
- Users can import and export listings from a spreadsheet
- Support for adding tenant logos and customizing themes.
August 1, 2017
Account admins can now configure password policy requirements for users.
July 7, 2017
News app now can be further customized by hiding the date and title of the posts.
June 27, 2017
Zoning app is now available. It allows adding ticker and banner widgets which stay on the screen all the time while the main content is switching as usually. The widgets include: Text, Web Pages, Weather, Clock and News.
June 6, 2017
Our CMS dashboard is now fully translated into Japanese and Portuguese.
March 22, 2017
RSS news app 2.0 is now available on Enplug app market. The app features more layout templates and custom themes.
March 17, 2017
ScoreStream app is now available on Enplug app market. The app allows businesses to show sports scores and photos from their local high school teams.
December 14, 2016
Network users can now manage their private apps through the dashboard.
November 29, 2016
Today we released Youtube app and 6 new curated content apps:
- Market Tracker
- Sports Central
- News in Pictures
- Daily Health Tips
- Motivational Quotes
- Business and Tech News
November 28, 2016
New features this week:
- Touch Screen support on Android devices
- Scheduling added to Web Page, Simple Sign and Traffic
November 17, 2016
We removed the limitation on how long an individual Graphics can play
September 6, 2016
Today we released a major change to our content management system. It is now much easier to quickly deploy the same content across many display groups. Read more in this article.
August 30, 2016
Major improvements to the Webpage app on android devices: support for playing web videos including Youtube videos, WebGL content and smoother animations.
August 2, 2016
New for customers with Advanced Monitoring access! The "More Info" section will now also show the following information for devices:
- IP address
- Wifi & Ethernet MAC addresses
July 27, 2016
New this week:
- We have added support for a few more languages: Thai, Hungarian and Romanian
July 16, 2016
We have updated the Social Media app and Instagram app with more granular social approval logic, which will now allow you to choose whether or not account posts are automatically approved. Please see the article on Social Approval for more details.
July 6, 2016
This week, we released our highly anticipated Calendar app! This app is useful for keeping track of when conference rooms are available, as well as tracking multiple schedules. Read more in this article.
We've also made some changes to the way our Windows player handles webpages, as well as the various web-based apps including Google Trends, Startup Vitamins, Traffic, etc. This should result in a smoother, more reliable experience going forward.
June 15, 2016
We've just released a heavily requested feature for the Webpage app: the ability to set duration per webpage.
Due to high demand, for our Social Media Wall and Instagram Photowall, when Pre-Approval is turned on, all posts from the connected account will now skip the Approval queue and go directly to the Live column.
May 25, 2016
This week, we've expanded our Social Media capabilities.
- The Social Media app now supports adding multiple Twitter accounts
- The Social Media app and Instagram Wall app now support adding multiple Instagram accounts
- For Twitter feeds, you can now choose whether or not to show your own account posts, as well as mentions from other users.
May 3, 2016
Display Group Tagging: This week, we are releasing a feature that allows you to tag your display groups. This will allow for quick and easy filtering in the Graphics app, rather than searching for your desired display group manually. Read more in this article.
April 19, 2016
Simple Sign is here! This week we are very excited to announce the release of the Simple Sign app.
Simple Sign allows you to type in any message, customize fonts and colors, and even add emojis - directly within the Enplug dashboard! Read more in this article.
April 6, 2016
Some very exciting new features come out this week! They include:
- Bulk editing of graphics. Many customers commented that it was inconvenient to go into each graphic individually to schedule or make them priority, so we've added the functionality to edit many graphics at once. Simply click the checkbox in the upper left corner of each graphic to select it, then click Edit in the upper right to begin editing all selected graphics.
See the relevant support article for more info.
- Multiple scheduling blocks. Up till now, graphics could only be scheduled for one chunk of time. Now, you can add multiple time blocks - for example, 12pm-2pm, and 6pm-8pm.
- Recurring graphics. Do you wish a certain graphic would show on your screen more often, but still want to play the others sometimes too? Use this feature to repeat a graphic in between every other graphic, every 5 graphics, etc.
- Mini monitoring page. We're really excited about this one - this is a very basic version of our larger Monitoring system, available to Network level customers. Click the Monitoring button on your home page to see whether your screens are on or offline.
See the relevant support article for more info.
Instagram authentication for hashtags: Due to some changes with Instagram's terms, you must now log in via Instagram in order to display hashtags in the Instagram Wall and Social Media Wall.
March 30, 2016
Changes released this week include:
- Copy display groups. The ability to make copies of display groups, allowing for faster and easier setup of unique screens by starting with a templated display group. Read more details in this article.
- Developer accounts are now working properly and ready for use.
- Disable EDID. In case of resolution issues, we have enabled the option to disable EDID. Read more in this article.
March 22, 2016
Changes released this week include:
- Priority Play and Scheduling. Improvements to the Graphics app! We have added a Priority Play feature, as well as improving existing scheduling options. Read more about these options in this article.
- Traffic App. A brand new Traffic app! This is a very simple, straightforward app that will allow you to display traffic in the location(s) of your choice. Read more in this article.
- New dashboard! We have officially retired the old dashboard interface, previously found at app.enplug.com. See an introductory video in this article, and some more detailed instructions and screenshot at this link. Or head to dashboard.enplug.com to log in right away!